The procurement landscape has changed in Saskatchewan. Public and private entities are looking for innovative ways to ensure they can select the vendor that provides the best value and set the ground work for a successful project. The work done pre-procurement is critical to the success of the procurement and the business relationship with the vendor.
One of the key areas where outcomes based procurement can assist is procurements for information technology projects and services. Business outcome based procurement may be a good idea for your organizations if:
- You know the business problem you are trying to solve and know there are solutions available, but don’t know how to get the right solution
- You want to move quickly and don’t have time for the traditional requirements gathering process
- You don’t want to simply automate your current business process, but are looking for improved business practices
- You are looking for an innovative solution that will move your organization forward.
This seminar, hosted by MNP and MLT Aikins, will focus on:
- How outcomes based procurement (and other procurements that focus on the problem to be solved rather than the solution sought) can simplify the pre-procurement and procurement processes and result in a better solution for the organization
- The steps an organization should take pre-procurement to define its business outcomes
- How to explain the business-based outcomes in the procurement and contracting documents
- Case studies demonstrating the successful use of outcome based procurements
9:00 – 9:30 a.m.: Registration and Introduction
9:30 – 10:30 a.m.: Setting the Stage for Procurement/Current Trends
10:30 – 10:45 am: Coffee Break
10:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Outcomes Based Procurement
12:30 – 1:00 p.m.: Lunch (provided)
1:00 – 2:00 p.m.: Case Studies
2:00 – 2:30 p.m.: Questions and Closing
- Registration: 9 a.m. | Seminar: 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Hotel Saskatchewan, Regina (2125 Victoria Avenue)
- Cost: $250 + GST ($12.50) = $262.50 per person
- Registration closes: January 22, 2018
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CREDITS:
- 5.0 Law Society of Saskatchewan CPD Credits
- 3.0 Supply Chain Management Professional CPD Credits
Enter the password PROCUREMENT.
Get insights and news delivered right to your inbox – subscribe today.