The legal landscape relating to workplace safety law is constantly evolving and changing. Inspection and enforcement activities are increasing – and are serious matters for your organization. Do you know your rights if an incident occurs and the regulators are asking to interview your employees? Does your organization know how to properly navigate prime contractor responsibilities? Is your drug and alcohol policy ready for pending changes to Canada’s marijuana laws? Join us and we will help you get prepared.
ON THE AGENDA
- Examine Bill 30 changes to Alberta’s Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workers’ Compensation Act
- Learn about Pending Changes to Liability of Supervisors, Owners, Service Providers, Self-Employed Persons and Temporary Staffing Agencies
- Update on Prime Contractor Law and Best Practices
- Survey Recent Key OHS Legal Decisions
- Discuss Statutory Investigations, Privileged Investigations and Interviews
- Get the latest on Drug and Alcohol Testing and Medical Marijuana Policies
Not all speakers will present in both locations.
- Registration: 12:45 p.m. | Seminar: 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. | Networking reception: 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Registration closes: February 23, 2018
- Regular Fee: $250 + GST ($12.50) = $262.50 per person
- CPHR Member: $225 + GST ($11.25) = $236.25 per person
This session is also being held in Calgary, Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Get insights and news delivered right to your inbox – subscribe today.
Pre-approved for 4.5 CPD Hours