Weed in the workplace – are you ready?
The use of medical marijuana is on the rise and the Federal Government has stated it will legalize recreational marijuana on July 1, 2018.
This workshop will provide you with the information you need to ensure a productive and safe workplace that is human rights and privacy compliant.
The workshop also includes a practical component where participants tackle hypothetical scenarios that could easily arise and are given practical advice on how to address them.
ON THE AGENDA
- Cannabis 101 – learn what you need to know about cannabis in its various forms
- Navigate medical marijuana issues and the duty to accommodate
- Identify safety sensitive positions
- Train your supervisors and managers to properly deal with marijuana in the workplace
- Educate your employees on expectations to be fit for work
- Update your “fit for work” policies
- Review your drug and alcohol testing protocols
- Registration: 8 a.m. | Seminar: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. | Networking Lunch: 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Registration closes: January 26, 2018
- Regular Fee: $595 + GST ($29.75) = $624.75 per person
- CPHR Member: $535 + GST ($26.75) = $561.75 per person
- Includes continental breakfast, lunch, and refreshments
This event is also being held in Calgary, Thursday, February, 8.
Get insights and news delivered right to your inbox – subscribe today.
Pre-approved for 7 CPD Hours