Our Winnipeg office is seeking an accounting professional to join our team. The Accounts Payable and Trust Clerk is responsible for processing daily accounts payable transactions and assisting with processing trust transactions.
This in-office position will work together with other members of the finance team in our Winnipeg and Regina offices. The position also requires regular communication with financial institutions and internal customers (including lawyers, paralegals and legal assistants) to ensure accuracy of trust and accounts payable transactions. The position requires gaining and maintaining an understanding of Manitoba Law Society rules in respect of trust monies and adhering to processes and controls to abide by those rules and other related internal controls to safeguard trust monies.
- Reviewing and processing daily cheque requests, vendor invoices and expense reimbursements
- Determining applicable cost codes / general ledger accounts
- Obtaining signatures on cheques during daily cheque runs and delivering signed cheques around office
- Processing trust receipts and related daily deposits (cheques and electronic payments)
- Reviewing and processing disbursement of trust funds (cheques and wire transfers)
- Reviewing and paying invoices from trust funds
- Trust investment transactions
- Processing client trust retainers paid via credit card
- Daily trust report generation and balancing
- Strict adherence to provincial Law Society rules and MLT Aikins internal policies
- Deposit and courier account reconciliations
- Professional individual with at least two years of related experience
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information in a professional manner
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of an accounting information system considered an asset
- Experience in a professional services firm considered an asset
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive coverage for health and wellness benefits
- Access to group savings plans and investment options
- Options for flexible work agreements and vacation coverage
- Growth and development opportunities
- Mentorship and support
- Ongoing job-specific training
- A positive and inclusive work environment
Our Diversity Statement
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity and inclusion creates a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent, and increasingly innovative, legal service to our clients.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.