As a growing and dynamic firm, we are interested in hearing from qualified applicants like you who are interested in joining our friendly and collaborative Edmonton office. We are looking for an Administrative Assistant, as part of the Office Services team, to provide exceptional service to both internal and external clients. This is a full-time and in-office position with hours of 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Opening reception, preparing boardrooms, shared and public spaces for the day
- Covering reception during breaks or absences
- Setting up audio visual for meetings when required
- Coordinating hospitality and facility requirements for in-office functions including set-up and tear-down
- Coordinating and facilitating copying, scanning and binding requests as provided by Legal Assistants, Paralegals and Lawyers
- Assisting with the monthly billing and collections processes
- Assisting with processing disbursements, invoices, bank deposit requests and completing cheque requisitions
- Completing daily courier and mail pick-ups and drop-offs
- Submitting maintenance requests to building management
- Maintaining office and break room supplies
- Maintaining in-office inventory and distribution of promotional merchandise
- Maintaining offsite storage and assisting with file closing and the annual file destruction process
- Maintaining in-office library resources
- Assisting with project work and providing support during team absences
- Minimum two years of experience in an office services, hospitality or a business centre role
- Completion of a recognized office administration certificate program an asset
- Confident using Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel, and maintaining an electronic filing system
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and proactive in approach
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Able to multitask and comfortable with shifting priorities
- Ability to be able to climb two flights of stairs and lift up to 20 pounds
- A competitive salary and bonus program
- Comprehensive coverage for health, dental and wellness benefits
- Access to group savings plans and investment options
- Options for flexible work agreements and vacation coverage
Our Diversity Statement
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity and inclusion creates a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent, and increasingly innovative, legal service to our clients. We encourage individuals of a diverse group to apply to our job postings when they become available.
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the working environment of all the offices of MLT Aikins. Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.