We are seeking qualified applicants who are interested in joining our friendly and collaborative Saskatoon office. This position is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support in the Saskatoon office.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, enthusiastic, proactive and highly organized, has superior computer and time management skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work independently and as part of a team. The successful candidate must be able to follow detailed, complex instructions, often with minimal supervision and to multi-task and thrives in a fast-paced legal professional team. Prior experience in a professional or legal environment is considered an asset.
This is a full-time permanent position; hours of work are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Covering reception daily for breaks, lunch hour and office last hours
- Providing full-time coverage as required at reception during any sick leave, vacation leave and EDOs including adjusting of work hours and/or overtime
- Providing back-up to office services team for any sick leave, vacation and EDOs including adjusting of work hours and/or overtime
- Ordering, unpacking and restocking office supplies/tabs on each floor within the office
- Handling daily bank deposits
- Conducting inter-office mail rounds
- Preparing outgoing mail with postage and creating courier weigh bills for outgoing packages daily
- Entering cost disbursements daily in accounting software system and Aderant
- Creating, printing and internally distributing monthly bills
- Accurately scanning closed files and confirming they are saved to the document management system appropriately
- Managing the general cleanliness of the office and lounge kitchen with the office services team, which includes regularly scheduled cleaning
- High school diploma or equivalent education required
- Two to five years of experience as an administrative assistant, office services, hospitality or business centre role
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of appropriate software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, Nuance PowerPDF and Adobe Acrobat as well as experience with Windows Explorer
- Physical mobility for requirements of mail and document production and ability to lift up to a 20 pound file box
If this role and firm sounds like a fit for you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the form below.
Application Deadline: April 13, 2021
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.