As a growing and dynamic firm, we are interested in hearing from qualified applicants like you who are interested in joining our friendly and collaborative Calgary office.
The Administrative Litigation Legal Assistant will work closely with our Professional Group Lead in order to provide best in class administrative and legal support for a busy practice area.
- Day-to-day administrative tasks including file organization, diarizations, limitations, booking of appointments, travel and maintaining calendars
- Entering lawyer’s time into Aderant
- Preparing letters, legal and collective bargaining related documents
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Handling monthly billing for the respective lawyers
- Booking discovery and court dates, and maintaining the BF system
- Preparing court materials such as application records, affidavit of records, books of authorities, settlement agreements, final releases, appeal records and books
- Retrieving and organizing printing jobs
- Tracking professional corporation business expenses
- Scanning documents into iManage
- Liasing with clients and internal lawyers as required
- Minimum three years of related experience in a Litigation Legal Assistant/Executive Assistant role
- Legal Assistant diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Superior proof-reading, writing and grammar skills
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills and strong attention to detail
- Self- motivated, enthusiastic and proactive in approach
- Able to follow instructions with minimum supervision and able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and comfortable with shifting priorities
- Superior Microsoft Office skills including Excel and knowledge of I Manage and exposure to Aderant considered assets
- Occasional overtime will be required
If this role and firm sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the form below.
Please note only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application deadline: July 10, 2020
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.