We are interested in hearing from qualified applicants who are interested in joining our friendly and collaborative Calgary office.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly organized and has superior computer, proofreading, and time management skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You are also able to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment while providing superior customer service for both internal and external clients. This role will provide administrative support to our Collection department.
- Performing property, employment and judgment searches
- Making outbound collection calls in an efficient and professional manner with the ability to remain composed when dealing with a diverse group of people and situations
- Accessing and using online resources such as CollectLink, Techcom, Litigation & Collection Highway. Working within these platforms to perform the following:
- Uploading documents and statuses
- Adding notes
- Posting applicable payments
- Monitoring payment accounts
- Posting disbursements
- Performing weekly trust deposits and cheque requisitions
- Ensuring adherence to client directives
- Monitoring multiple plans in Microsoft Planner
- Printing documents and letters for signature, filing, and/or mailing
- Opening and closing files as applicable
- Scanning paper files as required
- Communicating effectively with the Collection team
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
- Must have at least three years of experience in an administrative role
- One to three years of experience in the Collection practice area and/or call center environment are assets
- Ability to maintain an efficient electronic file system with strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
- Strong communicator with problem-solving and analytical skills
- Being able to work independently and adapt to a fast-changing environment
- Ability to follow the instructions from a diverse group of clients, lawyers and staff
- Software program knowledge or certification in: FCT Default Solutions/CollectLink, Techcom, Collection and Litigation Highway, Adobe, Aderant, MS Word, Excel, Planner, and document software management are assets
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Comprehensive coverage for health and wellness benefits
- Access to group savings plans and investment options
- Options for flexible work agreements and vacation coverage
Our Diversity Statement
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion create a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent, and increasingly innovative, legal service to our clients. We encourage individuals of a diverse group to apply to our job postings when they become available.
A friendly, cooperative atmosphere typifies the working environment of all our offices. If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.