This exciting and full-time opportunity is currently available in our friendly and collaborative MLT Aikins office located in Calgary, Alberta. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly organized, has superior computer, proofreading and time management skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You are also able to work independently, follow instructions with minimum supervision and able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment, while providing superior customer service for both internal and external clients.
This position will work 50 per cent in Collections and 50 per cent in Foreclosures.
- Preparing Collection, Foreclosure files from start to finish
- Setting up meetings/phone calls with clients, Debtors/Borrowers to discuss debt
- Drafting documents for Collection and Foreclosure proceedings including but not limited to: Statements of Claim, Affidavits, Applications, Writs of Enforcement, Orders & letters
- Accessing and using online resources such as SPIN2, City Online, Techcom, Collectlink, PPR, Litigation & Collection Highway
- Initiating follow-up with Debtors/Borrowers as required
- Organizing and maintaining files, including daily filing, opening and closing files
- Handling telephone and e-mail correspondence, both incoming and outgoing with the financial institutions, Defendants and other law firms
- Preparing letters and correspondence to clients and defendants and negotiation with defendants regarding collection/foreclosure matters
- Maintaining accurate files and diarizing important dates and times
- Post-secondary education considered an asset
- Must have at minimum two years of experience in the collections and foreclosure areas
- Ability to maintain an efficient electronic file system with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
- Strong communicator with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Being able to work independently and to adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Capacity to perform complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents.
- Ability to follow the instructions from a diverse group of clients, lawyers and staff
- Software program knowledge or certification in: FCT Default Solutions/Collect Link, Aderant, MS Word, Excel and document software management are assets
If this role sounds like a match for you and your skillset, and you reside in or around the Calgary area, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the form below.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.