As a growing and dynamic firm we are interested in hearing from qualified paralegals with experience in a collections practice for our Vancouver office.
Reporting to the Office Manager in the Vancouver office, you will be responsible for working with and providing support to the collections and foreclosure team. This will include the completion of outbound collections calls, the development of correspondence and documentation related to these cases and the management of electronic file systems.
You will provide excellent customer service and communicate effectively while developing and cultivating strong working relationships to support a high performance culture.
- Graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant Program and/or Paralegal program (equivalencies will be considered).
- 5 or more years of experience working independently in collections/foreclosure.
- Ability to maintain an efficient electronic file system; have strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when evaluating legal matters.
- Making outbound collection calls in a professional manner.
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Perform complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents.
- Ability to follow instructions from a diverse group of clients, lawyers and staff.
- Software program knowledge in Aderant, MS Word, Excel and document software management are an asset.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly organized, has superior computer, proofreading and time management skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work independently, follow instructions with minimum supervision, provide superior customer service for internal and external clients and thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the smaller working environment of the Vancouver office of MLT Aikins. Salary is negotiable. Please note, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the form below.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.