As a growing and dynamic firm, we are interested in hearing from qualified applicants like you who are interested in joining our friendly and collaborative Calgary office as a Collections Legal Assistant.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and highly organized and has superior computer, proofreading and time management skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The Collections Legal Assistant should also be able to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment while providing superior customer service for both internal and external clients.
- Performing property, employment and judgment searches
- Assessing/analyzing collections files
- Legal precedents including Statements of Claim, Default Judgments, garnishments, etc.
- Submitting Land Titles Registrations
- Accessing and using online resources such as CollectLink, Techcom and Litigation and Collection Highway to:
- upload documents and statuses
- add notes
- post applicable payments
- monitor payment accounts
- post disbursements
- Ensuring adherence to client directives
- Monitoring multiple plans in Microsoft Planner
- Creating documents and letters for signature, filing and/or mailing
- Completing file opening and closing as applicable
- Scanning paper files as required
- Effectively communicating with the collection team
- Minimum two years of legal assistant experience or two years of experience with legal forms
- One to three years of experience in the collection practice area
- Strong communicator with problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and adapt to a fast-changing environment
- Ability to follow instructions from a diverse group of clients, lawyers and staff
- Software program knowledge or certification in FCT Default Solutions/CollectLink, Techcom, Collection and Litigation Highway, Adobe, Aderant and MS Word, Excel and Planner and document software management are assets
- Ability to maintain an efficient electronic file system with strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Comprehensive coverage for health and wellness benefits
- Access to group savings plans and investment options
- Options for flexible work agreements and vacation coverage
Our diversity statement
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity and inclusion create a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent and increasingly innovative legal service to our clients. We encourage individuals of a diverse group to apply to our job postings.
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the working environment of all offices of MLT Aikins. If this role and firm sounds like the fit for you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the form below. Please note only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.