Our Winnipeg office is currently looking for an experienced paralegal to join our real estate team. This is a full-time position required to meet client and transactional deadlines performing paralegal work related to all aspects of commercial real estate and financial services transactions, together with due diligence in connection with commercial transactions. The successful candidate will be expected to work independently under the supervision of a lawyer.
- Preparing real estate transactional and conveyance documents, including transfers, caveats, purchase and sale agreements, mortgages, PPSNs, refinancing related documents, liens, leases and all related documentation
- Conducting and reviewing public office searches, including Property Registry and Titles Offices, Municipal Tax, Personal Property Registry (PPR), Bankruptcy, Bank Act, Companies Office, Sherriff’s Office, Courts of Queen’s Bench, municipal work orders, zoning, workplace safety, environmental, employment and utilities
- Performing and compiling additional due diligence searches (directed at entity, premises and other)
- Drafting due diligence search result summary reports
- Submitting real estate transactional and conveyance documents, including easement and subdivision plans for filing at Property Registry Offices
- Drafting financing documents, including Assignment of Rents, General Security Agreement, Officer’s Certificate, Authorizing Resolutions and supporting documents for commercial transactions
- Preparing a variety of corporate/commercial documents including agreements associated with the purchase and sale and/or the financing of real property
- Preparing PPR registrations and drafting PPR reports to lenders
- Analyzing and drafting trust conditions for supervising lawyer to review
- Maintaining and organizing schedules of closings
- Managing all incoming and outgoing funds, including calculating requisition of funds for closing, mortgage financing and other requirements
- Preparing correspondence
- Attending to file openings, review conflict searches
- Preparing Statements of Account as necessary
- Maintaining client communications and, where necessary, acting as primary and independent contact with clients, brokers and other counsel
- Producing reports as necessary, including mortgage reports to lenders
- Graduate of an accredited legal program
- Previous working experience in the areas of commercial real estate and commercial financing and/or refinancing work
- Attention to detail especially as it relates to document drafting and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of electronic platforms such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and computer skills required to perform related tasks
- Ability to prioritize and organize work to meet client-driven and transactional deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the application form below.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.