We are looking for a skilled writer to join our marketing and business development team. This writer will help us execute the tactics in our content marketing strategy to attract prospective clients, grow and engage our followers, and identify and convert qualified leads. The role will focus on writing and editing a variety of marketing copy – from Tweets and web posts to ads and brochures.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager and working closely with the Content Marketing Specialist, this role supports the firm’s team of lawyers across Western Canada. The full-time permanent position will be based in the firm’s Winnipeg office.
- Writing, proofing and posting content for the firm’s website – news posts, web copy, lawyer profiles, event promo, etc.
- Helping draft and proof other marketing copy – ads, brochures, articles, e-books, etc.
- Creating content and scheduling posts for the firm’s social media accounts (Twitter and LinkedIn), regularly monitoring activity and engaging with followers
- Writing, proofing and distributing e-invites, e-newsletters and other email marketing campaigns using the marketing automation tool
- Maintaining email subscription lists in the CRM (customer relationship management) tool
- Drafting and submitting announcements, articles and lawyer profiles to directories and publications
- Pulling analytics data and providing support for reports on how content marketing efforts are performing
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, journalism, English/linguistics or related field, and one to two years’ related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Professional writing and editing skills
- Copy writing experience
- Understanding of social media trends and best practices
Exposure to or experience in any of the following areas would be a bonus:
- Professional services or advertising agency experience
- Canadian Press Stylebook
- Google Analytics
- Inbound marketing methodology
- Search engine optimization and web writing best practices
- InDesign, Photoshop or other Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Marketing automation/email marketing tool
The ideal candidate:
- Is eager to learn and responds well to feedback
- Loves to write, regardless of subject matter
- Has an obsessive attention to detail and strong distaste for errors
- Is well organized: has existing personal systems in place for note-keeping and deadline/task management
- Is able to execute efficiently and with excellence; follows through on commitments
- Is proactive, self-motivated and self-managing; enjoys working independently
- Has solid knowledge of English grammar rules, parts of speech, etc.
- Has strong writing skills; is a confident and competent communicator
- Has a professional, humble and respectful demeanor
- Would be comfortable providing critical feedback/rationale to lawyers and other teammates
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; Canadian and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter, resumé and three writing samples using the application form below.
- Nicola Garrett / (204) 957-4751
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.