As a growing and dynamic firm we are interested in hearing from qualified legal conveyancer applicants for our Edmonton office. Ideal candidates for this position will be self-motivated and enthusiastic and possess skills, qualifications, experience and attributes that include the following:
- Graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant Program (equivalencies will be considered);
- 5-8 years of experience in an active real estate law practice involving residential files;
- Performing all aspects of real estate files from open to close;
- Reviewing all types of real estate documents – Refinancing, Mortgages, Sale and Purchase Contracts;
- Preparing all documents with respect to various types of real estate transactions –mortgages, trust letters, statement of adjustments, general correspondence, etc.
- Experience with standard real estate transactions – Tax Searches/Certificates, Title Insurance, Land Titles Registry and Personal Property Registry;
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have proof reading, writing, spelling and grammar skills;
- Carrying out edits and formatting for correspondence and documents;
- Performing various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and follow-up to review outstanding accounts;
- Following instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment;
- Maintaining an efficient file system (physical and electronic files), have strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- A client focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients;
A friendly, cooperative atmosphere typifies the working environment of the Edmonton office of MLT Aikins.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com or apply using the form below. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application deadline: February 21, 2020
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.