Our Regina office is in search of an experienced corporate/commercial legal assistant to support our growing commercial practice.
The ideal candidate is a graduate of a recognized legal assistant program (equivalencies will be considered) with a minimum of four years in law practice who is looking to transition into corporate/commercial law practice. Working closely with our team of corporate/commercial lawyers, the successful candidate for this role is self-motivated, enthusiastic and skilled in the areas identified below.
- Minimum of four years of experience in any law practice
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proofreading, spelling and grammar skills
- Able to follow instructions with minimal supervision
- Thrives in a fast-paced, professional team environment
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- A client-focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Preparing various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and follow-up to review outstanding accounts
- Maintaining an efficient file system for both physical and electronic files
- Monitoring and following up on all post-closing documents
- Carrying out day-to-day administrative tasks including file organization, diarizations, booking appointments and maintaining calendars
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the working environment of the Regina office of MLT Aikins. If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the form below. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application Deadline: April 13, 2021
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.