MLT Aikins Saskatoon is in search of an experienced Corporate/Commercial Legal Assistant to support our growing commercial practice. We are accepting applications from legal assistants/paralegals with experience in a general corporate/commercial practice involving commercial real estate transactions, commercial leasing and corporate/commercial transactions, including the purchase and sale of businesses, lending and financing transactions.
The successful candidate is a graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant program (equivalencies will be considered) with a minimum of 4 years in a law practice looking to transition into a corporate/commercial law practice. Working closely with our team of corporate/commercial lawyers, the ideal candidate for this position will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and possess skills that include the following:
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Performing various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and follow-up to review outstanding accounts
- Maintaining an efficient file system (physical and electronic files) with strong organizational skills and an exceptional attention to detail
- Monitoring and following up on all post-closing documents
- Performing day-to-day administrative tasks including file organization, diarizations, booking appointments and maintaining calendars
- Attending to online filings with Corporate Registries
- Graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant Program (equivalencies may be considered)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in any law practice area
- Advanced Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple deadlines and complete them under time constraints
- Must have proofreading, writing, spelling and grammar skills
- Ability to follow instructions with minimal supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment
- A client-focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive coverage for health and wellness benefits
- Access to group savings plans and investment options
- Options for flexible work agreements and vacation coverage
Our Diversity Statement
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity and inclusion create a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent and increasingly innovative legal service to our clients. We encourage individuals of a diverse group to apply to our job postings when they become available.
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the working environment of all offices of MLT Aikins. Please submit your resumé and cover letter using the form below. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.