MLT Aikins is an expertise-based, full service law firm of 240 lawyers serving clients across Western Canada from offices in Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and Winnipeg. MLT Aikins Saskatoon is in search of an experienced corporate commercial legal assistant to support our growing commercial practice.
The successful candidate is a graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant program (equivalencies will be considered) with a minimum of 2 years in law practice. Working closely with our team of corporate/commercial lawyers, ideal candidates for this position will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and possess skills that include the following:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an corporate/commercial practice;
- Advanced Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have proof reading, writing, spelling and grammar skills;
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents;
- Preparing various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and follow-up to review outstanding accounts;
- Following instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment;
- Maintaining an efficient file system (physical and electronic files), have strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- A client-focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients;
- Monitoring and following up on all post-closing documents; and
- Day-to-day administrative tasks including file organization, diarizations, booking appointments and maintaining calendars;
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the working environment of the Saskatoon office of MLT Aikins. If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application deadline: January 31, 2020
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.