MLT Aikins Winnipeg is in search of an experienced corporate/commercial legal assistant to support our corporate/commercial practice. The successful candidate will be a graduate of a recognized legal assistant program (equivalencies will be considered) with two years of working experience in a law practice. Working closely with our team of corporate commercial lawyers, this legal assistant must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and possess the skills detailed below.
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Preparing administrative tasks such as file opening, billing and following up to review outstanding accounts
- Maintaining an efficient file system (physical and electronic files)
- Monitoring and following up on all post-closing documents
- Completing day-to-day administrative tasks such as file organization, diarizations, booking appointments and maintaining calendars
- Attending to online filings with Corporate Registries
- Performing general administrative duties as required
- Graduate of a recognized legal assistant program (equivalencies may be considered)
- Two years of experience in any law practice area; experience in general corporate/commercial practice involving mergers & acquisitions, corporate governance and corporate finance and securities are an asset
- Advanced computer skills including in Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including proofreading, spelling and grammar skills
- Strong organization skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple deadlines and complete them under time constraints
- Ability to follow instructions with minimal supervision and thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment
- A client-focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients; customer service and/or communication skills are an asset
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive coverage for health and wellness benefits
- Access to group savings plans and investment options
- Growth and development opportunities
- Mentorship and support
Our diversity statement:
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity and inclusion create a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent and increasingly innovative legal service to our clients. We encourage individuals of a diverse group to apply to our job postings.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the form below. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.