Our Vancouver office is currently looking for a Corporate Paralegal to join our team and work with our growing corporate client base. The ideal candidate will have good practical training and experience from years of busy corporate practice at a business law firm and will have graduated from a recognized paralegal training course (equivalencies will be considered).
At MLT Aikins, we are advocates of promoting from within, recognizing talent and ensuring that our staff continue a long and successful career with the firm. This position will offer an opportunity for the successful candidate to continue to develop their skills, broaden their experience and challenge themselves with the potential for growth within the team.
- Maintaining the integrity of the ALF corporate database, virtual minute books and physical file records
- Assisting with preparing and filing articles of incorporation, dissolutions, notices, annuals, and extra-provincial registrations with BC Online and Corporations Canada
- Assisting with preparing corporate documents such as share transactions including transfers, redemptions, repurchases, exchanges and dividends
- Assisting with preparing BC domestic, Federal and extra-provincial annual maintenance packages
- Assisting with preparing monthly invoicing
- Preparing correspondence and/or reporting to clients/agents
- Conducting BC Online corporate searches and ordering certificates of good standing
- Scanning and uploading corporate documents to virtual minute books and document management system
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in a professional or legal environment
- Ability to maintain professionalism, confidentiality, and discretion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle a fast-paced work environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of the team, demonstrating a positive work ethic
- Corporate database knowledge (ALF considered an asset)
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Comprehensive coverage for health and wellness benefits
- Access to group savings plans and investment options
- Options for flexible work agreements and vacation coverage
Our Diversity Statement
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity and inclusion create a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent, and increasingly innovative, legal service to our clients. We encourage individuals of a diverse group to apply to our job postings when they become available.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.