This position will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support for a partner and an associate in the Vancouver office. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly organized, has superior computer proofreading and time management skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work independently, follow instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Graduate of a recognized legal assistant program (equivalencies will be considered)
- Minimum four years of experience in an active corporate commercial and/or securities environment
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proofreading, writing, spelling and grammar skills
- Very strong document processing skills; able to perform complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Able to complete various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and follow-up to review outstanding accounts
- Can follow instructions with minimal supervision and thrives in a fast-paced, professional team environment
- Able to maintain an efficient file system (physical and electronic files); has strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the smaller working environment of the Vancouver office of MLT Aikins. Salary is negotiable.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the application form below.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.