This position is a term position covering a maternity leave and will be responsible for providing paralegal support for the lawyers in the Vancouver office. Responsibilities will cover all aspects of commercial real estate transactions, commercial leasing and strata property matters, and will include the preparation and review of documents for such matters. Our ideal candidate will have a background in secured lending in addition to commercial real estate. This candidate will be self-motivated, highly organized, have superior computer proofreading and time management skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work independently, follow instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant Program/and or Paralegal Program (equivalencies will be considered);
- 5+ years of experience working with real estate transactions. Some commercial lending experience, in a law firm setting would be an asset;
- Ability to handle all Land Title Office and Personal Property Registry registrations and filings;
- Advanced Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have proof reading, writing, spelling and grammar skills;
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents;
- Following instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment;
- Maintaining an efficient file system (physical and electronic files), having strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- A client-focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients.
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the smaller working environment of the Vancouver office of MLT Aikins LLP. Salary is negotiable. If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the form below. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.