Our Regina office is looking for a strong, experienced paralegal to join the team and work with our growing corporate client base. The ideal candidate will have good practical training and experience from years of a busy corporate practice at a business law firm. Training from a paralegal course will be considered an asset.
Candidates must have transactional and drafting experience and be proficient with ALF or equivalent corporate database. They must be able to multi-task and prioritize a workload, pay attention to detail, and have excellent organizational, communication and written skills. This is a client-based environment, and the corporate paralegals work directly with lawyers and clients on transactions across the firm. The candidate must be able to take instruction, understand basic corporate transactions and work independently to provide draft documentation.
- Attending to online filings with Corporate Registries
- Preparing documents with respect to incorporations/organizations, name changes, amalgamations, dissolutions, restorations, revivals, re-organizations, continuances and other transaction related documents
- Preparing and filing documents for partnerships, limited partnerships, business names and extra-provincial registrations across Canada
- Preparing documents to change the registered office, issuing and transferring shares, appointing and removing directors and officers, documenting dividends, sharing redemptions and other corporate resolutions
- Conducting minute book reviews and preparing documents to correct minute book deficiencies
- Preparing annual documents for Saskatchewan, Federal and extra-provincial entities
- Conducting and reviewing corporate searches
- Responding to daily inquiries from counsel and clients and handling day-to-day corporate matters
- Updating and maintaining corporate records and minute books and ensuring documents comply with the applicable legislation and are entered into the database
- Drafting resolutions and related documentation for complex transactions, often on a time sensitive basis
- Preparing Reports and Statements of Account
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the working environment of the Regina office of MLT Aikins. If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the form below or to email@example.com. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.