Our Saskatoon office is looking for a strong, experienced paralegal to join the team and work with our growing corporate client base. The ideal candidate will have good practical training and years of experience at a busy corporate practice at a business law firm, and will have graduated from a recognized paralegal training course (equivalencies will be considered).
Candidates must have transactional and drafting experience. They must be able to multi-task and prioritize a workload, pay attention to detail, and have excellent organizational, communication and written skills. This is a client-based environment, and the corporate department works directly with lawyers on transactions across the firm. The candidate must be able to take instruction, understand basic corporate transactions and work independently to provide draft documentation.
- Preparing corporate documents for corporate registries, including incorporations/organizations, name change alterations, amalgamations, dissolutions, restorations, re-organizations, continuances and other transaction-related documents
- Preparing and filing documents for partnerships, limited partnerships, business names and extra-provincial registrations across Canada
- Preparing documents to change the registered and records office, effect name changes, issue and transfer shares, appoint and remove directors and officers and other basic miscellaneous resolutions
- Conducting minute book reviews and preparing documents to correct minute book deficiencies
- Preparing annual documents for extra-provincial entities
- Conducting corporate searches
- Responding to daily inquiries from counsel and clients and handling day-to-day corporate matters
- Updating and maintaining corporate records and minute books and ensuring documents comply with the applicable legislation and are entered into the database
- Drafting resolutions and related documentation for complex transactions, often on a time-sensitive basis
- Being prepared to take on other responsibilities as required
A friendly, cooperative atmosphere typifies the working environment of the Saskatoon office of MLT Aikins LLP. Salary is negotiable. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and cover letter using the form below.
- Simone Heins / (306) 956-6964
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.