Our Winnipeg office is looking for a strong, experienced paralegal to join the team and work with our growing corporate client base. The ideal candidate will have good practical training and experience from years of a busy corporate practice at a business law firm, and will have graduated from a recognized paralegal training course (equivalencies will be considered).
Candidates must have transactional and drafting experience and be proficient with Emergent or an equivalent corporate database. They must be able to multi-task and prioritize a workload, pay attention to detail and have excellent organizational, communication and written skills. This is a client-based environment, and corporate paralegals work directly with lawyers and clients on transactions across the firm. The candidate must be able to take instruction, understand basic corporate transactions and work independently to provide draft documentation.
- Attending to online filings with Corporate Registries
- Preparing documents with respect to incorporations/organizations, name changes, amalgamations, dissolutions, restorations, revivals, re-organizations, continuances and other transaction-related documents
- Preparing and filing documents for partnerships, limited partnerships, business names and extra-provincial registrations across Canada
- Preparing documents to change the registered office, issue and transfer shares, appoint and remove directors and officers, document dividends, share redemptions and other corporate resolutions
- Conducting minute book reviews and preparing documents to correct minute book deficiencies
- Preparing annual documents for Manitoba, federal and extra-provincial entities
- Conducting and reviewing corporate searches
- Responding to daily inquiries from counsel and clients and handling day-to-day corporate matters
- Updating and maintaining corporate records and minute books and ensuring documents comply with the applicable legislation and are entered into the database
- Drafting resolutions and related documentation for complex transactions, often on a time-sensitive basis
- Preparing reports and statements of account
- Being prepared to take on other responsibilities as required
If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the application form below.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.