We are looking for a strong, experienced paralegal to join the Foreclosure Team in our Winnipeg office.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly organized, has superior computer, proofreading and time management skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You are also able to work independently, follow instructions with minimum supervision and able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment, while providing superior customer service for both internal and external clients.
- Preparing Foreclosure files from start to finish
- Preparing and filing of documents for Foreclosure proceedings including but not limited to: Notice of Exercising Power of Sale, Application for Order for Sale and supporting documents; power of sale transfer documents, mortgage insurance claims
- Negotiating mortgage arrears and settlement proposals with mortgagors and solicitors
- Initiating follow-up with Debtors/Borrowers as required
- Organizing and maintain files, including daily filing, opening and closing files and updating case activity
- Handling telephone and e-mail correspondence, both incoming and outgoing with financial institutions, Defendants and other law firms
- Preparing letters and correspondence to clients and defendants
- Overseeing sales of properties including disbursement of trust monies
- Reviewing financial recovery and Credit Bureau reports
- Determining viability of judgement action for deficiencies on conventional and insured loans
- Maintaining client communications and act as primary and independent contact with lawyers, real estate agents, appraisers, property managers and insurance agents on all properties
- Accessing and use online resources such as PPR, Litigation & Collection Highway, CollectLink
- Preparing Foreclosure precedents for review by supervising lawyer
- Preparing Statement of Accounts as necessary
- Post-secondary education from an accredited legal program preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years' of experience in the foreclosure area
- Ability to maintain an efficient electronic file system with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple deadlines and complete them under time constraints
- Strong communicator with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Capacity to perform complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat
MLT Aikins LLP is a full-service law firm of more than 240 lawyers serving clients across Western Canada from offices in Winnipeg, Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver.
A friendly, cooperative atmosphere typifies the working environment of our Winnipeg offices. If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply using the form below. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application Deadline: December 3, 2020
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.