Our Calgary office is interested in hearing from qualified legal assistants with experience in a collections practice.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly organized, has superior computer, proofreading and time management skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision, thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment and provide superior customer service for internal and external clients. We will consider a candidate who has strong conveyancing and litigation background.
- Maintaining an efficient electronic file system.
- Organizing and prioritizing numerous tasks and completing them under time constraints.
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents.
- Following the instructions from a diverse group of clients, lawyers and staff.
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when evaluating legal matters.
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast changing environment.
- One to three years’ experience in the collections and foreclosure area is preferred.
- Software program knowledge or certification in FCT Default Solutions/Collect Link, Aderant, MS Word, Excel and document software management is an asset.
MLT Aikins offers a great benefits package and friendly atmosphere. Salary will be commensurate with experience; an immediate start is preferred. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the form below.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.