We are hiring a foreclosure paralegal to join our Regina team (with the possibility of remote work). Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and highly organized, has superior computer, proofreading and time management skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The successful candidate works independently, follows instructions with minimal supervision and thrives in a fast-paced, professional team environment while providing superior customer service for both internal and external clients.
- Preparing foreclosure files from start to finish
- Drafting documents for foreclosure proceedings
- Accessing and regularly documenting information in client portals
- Initiating follow-up with debtors/borrowers as required
- Organizing and maintaining files, including daily filing, opening and closing files and updating case activity
- Handling incoming and outgoing telephone and email correspondence with financial institutions, defendants and other law firms
- Preparing letters and correspondence to clients and defendants regarding collection and foreclosure matters
- Maintaining accurate files and diarizing important dates and times
- Post-secondary education from an accredited legal program preferred
- At least three to five years of experience in the foreclosure area
- Ability to maintain an efficient electronic file system with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple deadlines and complete them under time constraints
- Strong communicator with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-changing environment
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Capacity to perform complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Ability to follow instructions from a diverse group of clients, lawyers and staff
- Software program knowledge or certification in FCT Default Solutions/Collect Link, Aderant, MS Word, Excel and document software management considered assets
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive employer-paid group coverage for health, dental, life insurance and short-term disability (STD) and group savings plans
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave (maternity/paternity/adoption, family/personal leave, sick leave)
If this role sounds like a match for you and your skillset, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the form below.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.