We are currently looking for an experienced paralegal to join our foreclosure team.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and highly organized and has superior computer, proofreading and time management skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The candidate works independently, follows instructions with minimal supervision and thrives in a fast-paced, professional team environment, while providing superior customer service for both internal and external clients.
- Preparing foreclosure files from start to finish
- Preparing and filing of documents for foreclosure proceedings, including Notice of Exercising Power of Sale, Application for Order for Sale and supporting documents, power of sale transfer documents, mortgage insurance claims
- Negotiating mortgage arrears and settlement proposals with mortgagors and solicitors
- Initiating follow-up with debtors/borrowers as required
- Organizing and maintaining files, including daily filing, opening and closing files and updating case activity
- Handling telephone and email correspondence, both incoming and outgoing, with financial institutions, defendants and other law firms
- Preparing letters and correspondence to clients and defendants
- Overseeing sales of properties, including disbursement of trust monies
- Reviewing financial recovery and Credit Bureau reports
- Determining viability of judgement action for deficiencies on conventional and insured loans
- Maintaining client communications and acting as primary and independent contact with lawyers, real estate agents, appraisers, property managers and insurance agents on all properties
- Using online resources such as PPR, Litigation & Collection Highway, CollectLink
- Preparing foreclosure precedents for the supervising lawyer to review
- Preparing Statements of Account as necessary
- Post-secondary education from an accredited legal program preferred
- Three to five years of experience in the foreclosure area
- Ability to maintain an efficient electronic file system with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple deadlines, completing tasks under time constraints
- Strong communicator with solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Capacity to perform complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
If this role sounds like a match for you and your skillset, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the application form below. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.