About MLT Aikins
MLT Aikins is a full-service law firm of more than 300 lawyers and nearly 500 additional team members across the four western provinces. Named one of Canada’s best law firms by the Globe and Mail, MLT Aikins is the only law firm to have offices in Winnipeg, Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. As one of the largest firms in Canada, we have the bench strength and geographic scope to meet the increasingly complex needs of clients.
MLT Aikins Saskatoon is in search of an experienced labour/litigation legal assistant to support our growing and expanding labour/litigation practice. This position provides administrative and clerical support for lawyers in the advocacy and litigation team of the Saskatoon office.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and highly organized; has superior computer, proofreading and time management skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills; works independently; follows instructions with minimal supervision and thrives in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Transcribing digital dictation, creating documents from standard forms or handwritten notes and editing various legal documents
- Preparing court materials such as application records, books of authorities, appeal records and appeal books
- Maintaining lawyers’ calendars and contacts, scheduling client appointments as directed and arranging travel schedules
- Organizing and prioritizing numerous tasks and completing them under time constraints
- Performing client conflict checking, opening new client matters and maintaining established files
- Preparing client billings, responding to billing inquiries and co-ordinating with clients on billing preferences
- Maintaining an efficient manual and electronic file system
- Graduate of a recognized legal assistant program (equivalencies will be considered)
- Three to five years of experience in an active labour/litigation practice
- Advanced computer skills including in Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- A client-focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive coverage for health and wellness benefits
- Access to group savings plans and investment options
Our diversity statement
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity and inclusion create a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent and increasingly innovative legal service to our clients. We encourage individuals of a diverse group to apply to our job postings.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the form below. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.