We are currently looking for two Legal Administrative Assistants with experience in either a Litigation or Corporate practice to join our Team Support Group in Vancouver. These position will be responsible for providing a variety of administration and clerical support to the Litigation group and the Corporate/Securities group in the firm. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly organized, has proficient computer skills, excellent proofreading and time management skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work independently, follow instructions with minimum supervision and thrives in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Preparing various administrative tasks including file opening, billing, time entry and expenses;
- Assisting with ongoing firm projects, and providing overflow support and vacation leave coverage for legal support staff;
- Copying, scanning & binding projects for the Litigation group;
- Scanning and preparing closing books for the Corporate group;
- Following instructions with minimum supervision;
- Maintain an efficient electronic file system and have strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant Program;
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in an active Corporate or Litigation environment;
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook. Document management software, an asset; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the smaller working environment of the Vancouver office of MLT Aikins. Salary is negotiable. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.