MLT Aikins Vancouver is in search of an experienced legal assistant to support our growing aboriginal law and commercial practice.
The successful candidate is a graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant program with a minimum of five years in a law practice. Working closely with our team of Aboriginal and commercial lawyers, this position will work with clients in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and the Yukon. Ideal candidates for this position will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and possess skills that include the following:
- Graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant Program;
- Minimum five years of experience in the legal field;
- A client focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients;
- Advanced Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have proof-reading, writing, spelling and grammar skills;
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents;
- Preparing various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and follow-up to review outstanding accounts, managing travel arrangements;
- Following instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment;
- Maintaining an efficient file system (physical and electronic files), have strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- Maintaining the Bring Forward system;
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the working environment of the Vancouver office of MLT Aikins. If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com or apply using the form below. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.