This position will be responsible for providing legal and administrative support for two associate lawyers in the Vancouver office. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly organized, has superior computer proofreading and time management skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work independently, follow instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant Program;
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in an active commercial litigation environment;
- Has a thorough grasp of the BC Supreme Court Civil Rules and Forms;
- Advanced Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have proof reading, writing, spelling and grammar skills;
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and court documents;
- Preparing various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and follow-up to review outstanding accounts;
- Following instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment;
- Maintaining an efficient file system (physical and electronic files), having strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail;
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the smaller working environment of the Vancouver office of MLT Aikins. Salary is negotiable. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.