We are in search of an experienced Legal Assistant to support our foreclosure practice in Winnipeg. This position will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support for various lawyers and paralegals in the Winnipeg Office.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly organized, has superior computer, proofreading, and time management skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and is able to work independently. We are also looking for a candidate who is able to follow instructions, often with minimum supervision, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Preparing various administrative tasks including file opening, billing, and follow-up to review outstanding accounts
- Knowledge of the whole foreclosure process and Title preferred
- Handling foreclosure files from referral through conclusion of file
- Maintaining an efficient file system (physical and electronic files), having strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Monitoring and following up on all post-closing documents
- Day-to-day administrative tasks including file organization, diarizations, booking appointments and maintaining calendars
- Graduate of a recognized Business Program (equivalencies may be considered)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Real Estate and Foreclosures
- Advanced Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, and document management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proofreading, writing, spelling, and grammar skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple deadlines and complete them under time constraints
- Ability to follow instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment
If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the application form below.
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive coverage for health and wellness benefits
- Access to group savings plans and investment options
- Options for flexible work agreements and vacation coverage
Our Diversity Statement
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity and inclusion creates a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent, and increasingly innovative, legal service to our clients. We encourage individuals of a diverse group to apply to our job postings when they become available.
We thank all applicants for their interest in MLT Aikins LLP, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.