We are interested in hearing from qualified legal assistant applicants to join our team in Winnipeg.
This full-time position provides legal, administrative and clerical support for various lawyers in the Winnipeg office and, as part of our team support group, assists with overflow and project support and provides holiday coverage.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and highly organized, has superior computer, proofreading and time management skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work independently. We are also looking for a candidate who is able to follow instructions, often with minimal supervision, and thrives in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Graduate of a recognized legal assistant program (equivalencies may be considered)
- At least one to two years of experience as a legal assistant
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proofreading, spelling and grammar skills
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Preparing various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and following-up to review outstanding accounts
- Following instructions with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, professional team environment
- Maintaining an efficient electronic file system
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the working environment of the Winnipeg office of MLT Aikins.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the form below. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application deadline: April 16, 2021.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.