This position is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support for lawyers in the Indigenous Law group of the Vancouver office. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly organized, has superior computer, proofreading and time management skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents in Word and PDF
- Performing various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and follow-up to review outstanding accounts
- Following instructions with minimal supervision and thriving in a fast-paced, professional team environment
- Maintaining an efficient digital file system with strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Booking discovery and court dates and maintaining the Bring Forward system
- Preparing court materials such as application records, books of authorities, appeal records and appeal books
- Graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant Program
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a legal assistant
- Advanced Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have proofreading, writing, spelling and grammar skills
- Federal Court experience is an asset
- A client-focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients
Our Diversity Statement
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity and inclusion create a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent, and increasingly innovative, legal service to our clients. We encourage individuals of a diverse group to apply to our job postings when they become available.
A friendly, cooperative atmosphere typifies the smaller working environment of the Vancouver office of MLT Aikins LLP. Salary is negotiable. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.