As a growing and dynamic firm we are interested in hearing from qualified legal assistant applicants for our Calgary office of MLT Aikins which prides itself in having a friendly and co-operative atmosphere working environment.
This position will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support for various lawyers in the Calgary office and will be a part of our resource team who provide holiday coverage and project support.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly organized, has superior computer, proofreading and time management skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work independently. We are also looking for someone who is able to follow instructions, often with minimum supervision and able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Preparing various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and follow-up to review outstanding accounts
- Maintaining an efficient filing system (physical and electronic files)
- Scanning of closed files
- Graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant Program (equivalencies may be considered)
- Minimum of two years of experience as a legal assistant
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
If this role sounds like a fit for you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the form below.
Please also note that only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application deadline: September 25, 2019
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.