This position will work closely with the legal team to provide administrative and clerical support for various lawyers in the Saskatoon office and will also provide holiday coverage and project support for the legal team.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, enthusiastic, highly organized and proactive in approach, has superior computer proofreading and time management skills, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work independently and as part of a team. The successful candidate must be able to follow detailed, complex instructions, often with minimal supervision, multi-task and must be able to thrive in a fast-paced legal professional team. Prior experience in a professional or legal environment is considered an asset.
- Graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant Program (equivalencies may be considered)
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a legal assistant
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong proof reading, writing, spelling and grammar skills
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Preparing various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and follow-up to review outstanding accounts
- Maintaining an efficient filing system (physical and electronic files)
Hours of work are 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Application Deadline: May 17, 2021
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.