This position provides administrative and clerical support for various lawyers in the Winnipeg office. This position is part of our support team, assisting with day-to-day tasks as well as projects and holiday coverage. In this position, you will have the advantage of working with many different lawyers and getting exposure to various areas of law.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and highly organized, has superior computer, proofreading and time management skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills and can work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Performing various administrative tasks including file opening and closing, billing and following up to review outstanding accounts
- Maintaining an efficient file system (physical and electronic files) and having strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Performing other administrative support functions as assigned
- Graduate of a recognized legal assistant program (equivalencies will be considered)
- One to two years of experience as a legal assistant
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Proofreading, writing, spelling and grammar skills
- Ability to follow instructions from a diverse group of lawyers and staff with minimal supervision
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Comprehensive coverage for health and wellness benefits
- Access to group savings plans and investment options
- Options for flexible work agreements and vacation coverage
- A friendly, co-operative working environment
Our Diversity Statement
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity and inclusion create a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent and increasingly innovative legal services to our clients. We encourage individuals of a diverse group to apply to our job postings when they become available.
If this role sounds like a fit for you, please submit your resumé and cover letter. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.