We are interested in hearing from qualified legal assistant applicants for our Vancouver office.
This position provides administrative and clerical support for various lawyers in the Vancouver office. This position will be part of our support team, assisting with day-to-day tasks as well as projects and holiday coverage. In this position, you will have the advantage of working with many different lawyers and getting exposure to various areas of law.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and highly organized, has superior computer proofreading and time management skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills, is able to work independently and follow instructions with minimal supervision and thrives in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Performing various administrative tasks including file opening and closing, billing and following-up to review outstanding accounts
- Maintaining an efficient file system (physical and electronic files)
- Graduate of a recognized legal assistant program (equivalencies will be considered)
- One to two years of experience as a legal assistant
- Advanced computer skills including in Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including proofreading, writing, spelling and grammar skills
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to follow instructions from a diverse group of lawyers and staff with minimal supervision
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Comprehensive coverage for health and wellness benefits
- Access to group savings plans and investment options
- Options for flexible work agreements and vacation coverage
Our Diversity Statement
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion create a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent and increasingly innovative legal service to our clients. We encourage individuals of a diverse group to apply to our job postings when they become available.
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the working environment of all our offices. If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.