The Litigation Legal Assistant works closely with both lawyers and legal assistants alike in order to support our growing litigation practice area. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and highly organized and has superior computer, proofreading and time management skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The candidate must be able to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Transcribing digital dictation, creating documents from standard forms or handwritten notes and editing various legal documents
- Preparing court materials such as application records, books of authorities, appeal records and appeal books
- Maintaining lawyers’ calendars and contacts, scheduling client appointments as directed and arranging travel schedules as necessary
- Organizing and prioritizing numerous tasks and completing them under time constraints
- Performing client conflict checking, opening new client matters and maintaining established files
- Preparing client billings, responding to billing inquiries and co-ordinating with clients on billing preferences
- Maintaining an efficient manual and electronic file system
- Graduate of a recognized legal assistant program (equivalencies will be considered)
- Five to 10 years of experience in an active litigation practice
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Client-focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients
If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the form below. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.