This position provides support for two lawyers in the Edmonton office. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly organized, has superior computer proofreading and time management skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work independently, follow instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Transcribing digital dictation, creating documents from standard forms or handwritten notes, or editing various legal documents
- Preparing court materials such as application records, books of authorities, appeal records and appeal books
- Booking discovery and court dates, and maintaining the BF system
- Maintaining lawyers’ calendar and contacts, scheduling client appointments as directed and arranging travel schedules as necessary
- Organizing and prioritizing numerous tasks and completing them under time constraints
- Performing client conflict checking, opening new client matters and maintaining established files
- Preparing client billings, responding to billing inquiries and co-ordinating with clients or billing preferences
- Maintaining an efficient manual and electronic file system, having strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- A client focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients
- Graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant Program (equivalencies will be considered)
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in an active civil litigation practice. Aboriginal law experience would be considered an asset
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
A friendly, cooperative atmosphere typifies the smaller working environment of the Edmonton office of MLT Aikins. Salary is negotiable. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the form below.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.