MLT Aikins is an expertise-based, full service law firm of 240 lawyers serving clients across Western Canada from offices in Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and Winnipeg.
As a growing and dynamic firm we are interested in hearing from qualified legal assistant applicants for our Regina office.
This position will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support for three lawyers in the Regina office. Ideal candidates for this position will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and possess skills, qualifications and experience that include the following:
- Graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant Program (equivalencies will be considered);
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in an active litigation practice;
- Advanced Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have proof reading, writing, spelling and grammar skills;
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents;
- Preparing various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and follow-up to review outstanding accounts;
- Following instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment;
- Maintaining an efficient file system (physical and electronic files), have strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- Booking discovery and court dates, and maintaining the BF system;
- Preparing court materials such as application records, books of authorities, appeal records and appeal books;
- A client-focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients;
A friendly, cooperative atmosphere typifies the working environment of the Regina office of MLT Aikins. Salary is negotiable. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.