We are hiring an experienced litigation legal assistant to support our growing litigation practice. This position provides administrative and clerical support for lawyers in our Regina office. The ideal candidate for this position is self-motivated and highly organized, has superior computer, proofreading and time management skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work independently and follow instructions with minimal supervision and thrives in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Preparing various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and follow-up to review outstanding accounts
- Maintaining an efficient file system for both physical and electronic files
- Booking discovery and court dates and maintaining the BF system
- Preparing court materials such as application records, books of authorities, appeal records and appeal books
- Graduate of a recognized legal assistant program (equivalencies will be considered)
- Minimum two years of experience in an active litigation practice
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proofreading, spelling and grammar skills
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- A client-focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients
Application Deadline: April 13, 2021
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.