As a growing and dynamic firm, MLT Aikins is interested in hearing from qualified legal assistant applicants for our Regina office. This position will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support for three litigation lawyers in the Regina office. Ideal candidates for this position will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and possess skills, qualifications and experience that include the following:
- Graduate of a recognized legal assistant program (equivalencies will be considered)
- Minimum of five years of experience in an active litigation practice
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proofreading, writing, spelling and grammar skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment
- A client-focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Preparing various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and follow-up to review outstanding accounts
- Following instructions with minimal supervision
- Maintaining an efficient file system (physical and electronic files), have strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Booking discovery and court dates and maintaining the BF system
- Preparing court materials such as application records, books of authorities, appeal records and appeal books
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the working environment of the Regina office of MLT Aikins. Salary is negotiable. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resumé using the application form below.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.