MLT Aikins is an expertise-based, full service law firm of 240 lawyers serving clients across Western Canada from offices in Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and Winnipeg. MLT Aikins Saskatoon is in search of an experienced litigation legal assistant to support our growing litigation practice.
This position will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical support for three lawyers in the Saskatoon office. Ideal candidates for this position will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and possess skills, qualifications and experience that include the following:
- Graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant Program (equivalencies will be considered);
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an active litigation practice;
- Advanced Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have proof reading, writing, spelling and grammar skills;
- Perform complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents;
- Prepare various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and follow-up to review outstanding accounts;
- Follow instructions with minimum supervision and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment;
- Maintain an efficient file system (physical and electronic files), have strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- Booking discovery and court dates, and maintaining the BF system;
- Preparing court materials such as application records, books of authorities, appeal records and appeal books;
- A client focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients;
A friendly, cooperative atmosphere typifies the working environment of the Saskatoon office of MLT Aikins. If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com or apply using the form below. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application deadline: January 31, 2020
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.