Our Regina office is in search of an experienced litigation legal assistant to support our litigation practice. This position is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support for lawyers in the Regina office. The ideal candidate for this position is self-motivated and highly organized, has superior computer, proofreading and time management skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment. This is a 12-month, full-time opportunity.
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Performing various administrative tasks, including file opening, billing and following up to review outstanding accounts
- Following instructions with minimal supervision and being able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment
- Maintaining an efficient file system (for physical and electronic files) and having strong organizational skills with an exceptional attention to detail
- Booking court dates and maintaining the BF system
- Preparing court materials
- Graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant Program (equivalencies will be considered)
- Minimum two years of experience in an active foreclosure practice
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have proofreading, writing, spelling and grammar skills
- A client-focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive coverage for health and wellness benefits
- Access to group savings plans and investment options
- Options for flexible work agreements and vacation coverage
Our Diversity Statement
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity and inclusion create a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent, and increasingly innovative, legal service to our clients. We encourage individuals of a diverse group to apply to our job postings when they become available.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.