This position provides administrative and clerical support for two or three associate lawyers in the growing Vancouver office. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and highly organized, has superior computer, proofreading and time management skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is able to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Performing complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Preparing various administrative tasks including file opening, billing and following up to review outstanding accounts
- Maintaining an efficient digital file system
- Booking discovery and court dates and maintaining the BF system
- Preparing court materials such as application records, books of authorities, appeal records and appeal books
- Graduate of a recognized legal assistant program
- Minimum five years of experience in an active commercial litigation practice
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and document management software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proofreading, spelling and grammar skills
- Ability to follow instructions with minimal supervision and to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- A client focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the smaller working environment of the Vancouver office of MLT Aikins. Salary is negotiable. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the form below.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.