Our Winnipeg office is currently looking for two experienced litigation legal assistants. These positions provide administrative and clerical support to lawyers within the department, assisting them in providing exceptional client service. The successful candidate will have strong time management skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment.
- Assisting with administration and co-ordination of litigation practice
- Handling various administrative tasks including billing, file opening/closing and related accounting matters
- Drafting correspondence
- Managing calendars
- Preparing court materials such as pleadings and briefs
- Helping prepare and co-ordinate hearings, trials and related court document filings
- Maintaining records, filings and timekeeping
- Organizing documents and maintaining an electronic filing system
- Providing additional administrative assistance and general office duties as assigned
- Graduate from a recognized legal assistant program and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of experience as a legal assistant in the area of litigation law
- Knowledge of the litigation process and of court rules and procedures
- Excellent attention to detail
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Pro
- Document management software experience considered an asset
- Highly organized; must have strong time management skills
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A client-focused approach and commitment to providing exceptional service to internal and external clients
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive coverage for health and wellness benefits
- Access to group savings plans and investment options
Our diversity statement
MLT Aikins is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our principles of diversity, equity and inclusion create a space for everyone to collaborate, allowing us to deliver excellent and increasingly innovative legal service to our clients. We encourage individuals of a diverse group to apply to our job postings.
A friendly, co-operative atmosphere typifies the working environment of all our offices. If this sounds like you, please submit your resumé and cover letter using the application form below. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to email@example.com.