We are looking for a paralegal to join the team and work with our busy litigation practice. As a growing and dynamic firm, we are interested in hearing from qualified applicants who are interested in joining our friendly and collaborative Calgary office.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly organized, has superior computer, proofreading and time management skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You are able to work independently, follow instructions with minimum supervision and able to thrive in a fast-paced, professional team environment, while providing superior customer service to our clients.
- Fact investigation or reviewing documentation
- File overview/synopsis including preparation of Initial File Summary, inclusive of summary of limitation dates
- Working closely with litigation department lawyers on the active file development and management
- Overseeing and encouraging litigation department standard organization of files, overseeing trial book preparations
- Responsible for own diarization system and limitation dates for individual files
- Preparing Bill of Costs including summarizing and reviewing opposing parties’ Bill of Costs
- Organizing and overseeing preparation of Written Briefs/arguments etc.
- Performing all aspects of civil enforcement rules, forms etc.
- Preparing Affidavits of Records; meeting with clients to review Affidavits of Records if required
- Preparing Applications, Affidavits, Orders, Releases and Discontinuances of Action – general pleading preparation
- Preparing initial Statements of Defence/Claim
- Maintaining Undertakings and Responses
- Preparing Exhibit Lists
- Preparing Notice of Appeal, Appeal Books, Agreed Statement of Facts
- Graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant Program/Paralegal Program (equivalencies will be considered)
- Must have prior experience in an active litigation practice
- Ability to maintain an efficient electronic file system with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize and manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Strong communicator with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Capacity to perform complex editing and formatting for correspondence and documents
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Litigation Highway, and Eclipse
Application Deadline: January 29, 2021
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.