We are looking for an energetic, detail-oriented professional to join our marketing and business development team.
The main objective of this role is to provide a central point person for all marketing and business development related questions. You will manage the department’s central inbox and be a skilled generalist who will either a) know the answer or b) know how to find it. Your impeccable communication skills will be punctuated with client service, and you will thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. You will possess obsessive attention to deadlines and details and a strong distaste for missed deadlines and errors.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this full-time permanent position will be based in the firm’s Winnipeg office. In the short-term and due to COVID-19, the firm will offer a flexible, remote work component. Remote work options will be continually reassessed as this position will require some in-office presence as pandemic restrictions lift.
- Working with our in-house writers and contract designers to produce marketing materials (ads, brochures and handouts, seminar materials, direct mail) and serving as a set of eyes for proofing, quality control and adherence to the firm’s brand and style guides
- Managing the department’s annual ad calendar, communicating with ad sales representatives and booking ads, working with our designer and writers to develop ads and manage revisions efficiently, and obtaining lawyer and manager approvals as required
- Providing centralized knowledge on external printing and fulfilment of marketing and business development tactics, and communicating guidelines for paper stock choices and print execution
- Managing the firm’s inventory of promotional products, sourcing products from our suppliers and co-ordinating with multiple internal stakeholders on their promotional product requirements
- Co-ordinating our Bell MTS Place suite tickets – tracking tickets, communicating with our suite partners, communicating with the lawyers regarding opportunities, allocating and distributing tickets, submitting catering orders and acting as the central liaison with True North and Centreplate
- Helping create event, newsletter and business development lists using our marketing platform – Hubspot
- Assisting our three Marketing and Event Coordinators with overflow event preparation work such as developing event webpages and invitations
- Providing additional event co-ordination and on-the-ground support to the Winnipeg office
- Tracking and co-ordinating sponsorship requests and execution of benefits such as logo requests, ticket purchases and event reminders
- Updating the department’s intranet page and assisting the Marketing Manager with internal communication on marketing events and initiatives
- Assisting on special projects and initiatives related to the department’s annual goals
- Working closely with the Marketing Manager to accomplish the department’s functional and administrative tasks such as departmental training, invoicing and budget control, monthly reporting for Stripe (our online payment processor for event registrations), updating directories, assisting with on-boarding requirements for new professional staff (co-ordinating web profiles and photos)
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, commerce or business administration, communications or project management plus one to two years of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Experience as an advertising agency account co-ordinator would be considered a very strong asset
- Strong Microsoft Office abilities (intermediate to advanced user of Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong understanding of design and printing processes
Exposure to or experience in any of the following areas would be a bonus:
- Professional services
- CRM tools, particularly Hubspot
- Event management and online payment tools
- Marketing automation/email marketing tools
- Google Analytics
- Inbound marketing methodology
- InDesign, Photoshop or other Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Canadian Press Stylebook
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; Canadian and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter, resumé and three portfolio samples of projects you have managed using the application form below. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application deadline: May 11, 2021
Please use the form below to apply to MLT Aikins. A confirmation email will be sent once your application is submitted. Please check your spam folder if you did not receive this email. If you did not receive a confirmation email, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.